What WAS on Your Plate & WHAT'S for Dinner 2/20/17-2/21/17

Not sure what to make for dinner? Find out what member's have on their menu for tonight, it's a great way to pick up meal ideas
HeatherFeather

Re: What WAS on Your Plate & WHAT'S for Dinner 2/20/17-2/21/

Post by HeatherFeather » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:14 pm

Today I went shopping for my weekly meal prep. I had just cleared out the freezer because of the new fridge, so I needed to restock it with homemade food. I hit the grocery stores when they opened this morning, came home with a pile of chicken breasts (6 pounds), some steak (1 pound, steak is expensive!), and some ground beef (4 pounds).

I browned up all the ground beef, mixed it with homemade taco seasoning, then packed up two bags of it for the freezer, and then we had tacos for dinner tonight. I also made a stack of homemade burger patties and froze them raw, ready for grilling another night.

I also made a bunch of marinades for the steak and chicken - ended up with 1 bag of marinated steak, and then 6 bags of marinated breasts (each with a different marinade), plus a few bags of plain chicken (breasts, plain diced chicken, and plain chicken tenders). Everything is stashed in the freezer. It took me all afternoon.

Tomorrow we will be having leftovers since we still have a few odds and ends to eat up. Glad the freezer is stocked up now - we almost never get takeout anymore when I have stuff ready to go in the freezer.

Kchurchill5

Re: What WAS on Your Plate & WHAT'S for Dinner 2/20/17-2/21/

Post by Kchurchill5 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:48 pm

Couscous ... love that stuff. With leftovers; I love to add it to my salads.
Sounds like a good dinner lovin.

With my bad tummy ... I ate bananas, hard boiled egg, cheese/crackers today. And, toast w/apples and peanut butter for dinner.
Very gourmet don't you think? :roll: :lol: :roll: That is creative as I got today.