What WAS on your Plate & What's for Dinner Tonight 1/3

Not sure what to make for dinner? Find out what member's have on their menu for tonight, it's a great way to pick up meal ideas
Kchurchill5

What WAS on your Plate & What's for Dinner Tonight 1/3

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:56 am

Three Days Into the New Year ~ Can You Believe It?

It's cold here for FL, only 64 today and rainy. It is a nice change; our winter has been VERY HOT! So, I guess I can't complain.
My company left this am to head back home; so, an empty house again.

Last night we had a blast. The restaurant was so crowded, so we decided to do our own dinner. We did a big pot of broasted osyters and beer steamed shrimp to start.
Dinner - we did a seafood boil. It had kielbasa, onions, corn, potatoes, clams, mussels, and COD. Slaw and crusty bread on the side.
All ate on the table lined with newspaper. Paper and plastic everything; just dump it all out and dig in. It was lots of fun. My friends have never done that, so they really enjoyed it.

Lady #3: Taking over a couple of containers of lentil soup, fruit, and banana muffins. She gets home very late tonight.

My Dinner: I would love comfort food with the weather; but thinking shrimp and tomato skewers; and, zucchini, onion, and yellow squash skewers; rice.

Kchurchill5

Re: What WAS on your Plate & What's for Dinner Tonight 1/3

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:34 am

Since rain is moving in and it is cool for us Floridians ... maybe I'll use some of my ham from Fri and make scalloped potatoes and ham; and maybe add some peas and cheese to. Sort of a one pan dish. I normally don't add cheese; but, why not.

I think if the zucchini looks ok till tomorrow, that is the plan.

ellie

Post by ellie » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:12 am

Tonight we are having http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/fettuc ... redo-21472 with some kind of veggie.

nanny129

Post by nanny129 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:15 am

we like dark meat so i pulled chicken quarters out yesterday to sleep in the fridge– i have broccoli and maybe some kind of tater – not sure what form any of this will take but will be nice after all the ham and turkey- have a great day!

nanny129

Post by nanny129 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:17 am

last nite=burger- been starving for burger- it was great with- mayo-mustard-onion and bleu cheeze crumbles– hubs had 2 with miracle whip- mustard- lettuce- onions -ketchup and bleu cheese crumbles- he also had ranch dip and chips– i do not know how he tastes the burger-lol- triple chocolate cheesecake for dessert- have a great day

Kchurchill5

Post by Kchurchill5 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:43 pm

After lots of rich foods over the holidays; it is nice to get back to normal.
LOL, on the burger. The best burger I ever had was in MN, Angus on a wood stove; homemade artisian bread. It had a mustard herb aioli, lettuce and tomato. Nothing else.

maDonna

Post by maDonna » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:11 pm

I made this by Dienia http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/patty-melt-13160 it was good!