If there is one thing that I would LOVE to say about this Creamy Chicken Sweet Potato Noodles recipe is that it is 100% healthy eating. It sure looks like it and the ingredients could call for more health but truth be told, I went a little bit heavy on two ingredients. Butter (and lots of it) and heavy cream. It gives this recipe a more rich and full flavor. Of course, the wine, mushrooms, garlic et all seriously helps too. I could use a little bit of that right about now.
Creamy Chicken Sweet Potato Noodles
I am single parenting this week. Well, ok, it is just for two nights. Tam is away on a work conference and my little six year old girl is loving the attention from daddy. And critiquing my inability to put her hair in the PERFECT neat pony tail. And believe me, I have tried in the past to perfect this art but to no avail. I can’t do it quite like mommy. We are talking major meltdown. With the most exaggerated expression of “my friends will laugh at me”. Ya, I am totally inadequate at doing braids, pony tails and plain old brushing of long hair for that matter. And the worst thing of all, after all the hard work of creating this recipe, filming it and taking a million photos for the right angle, our wonderful picky eater requested KD Mac & Cheese. Seriously? Could anything really go right tonight?! You bet!!!
First, she loves KD and secondly we had so much fun with transforming the sweet potatoes into noodles with our new spiralizer. I honestly can’t wait to dish up some serious dishes with this fantastic little tool. From zucchini, apples, carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, cabbage, and oh so much more (I could write a whole post on this) this is quickly becoming a must have in any kitchen. Especially mine!!!
And finally, now that I have finally sampled this wonderful creamy chicken sweet potato noodles recipe I must say that I love it! And bedtime with stories, prayers and a little talk about highlights of my little girl’s day went beautiful.
- 4 chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- 3 sweet potato
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- Using spiralizer make noodles out of sweet potatoes
- Heat oil in pan and cook noodles and set aside
- Melt butter in pan and place chicken in pan
- Sprinkel bread crumbs on chicken, turn over and do same on other side
- When fully cooked, take out chicken and toss in cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, basil and oregano
- When sautéed add garlic and be sure not to burn
- Add wine and heat so almost all evaporates while stirring (this should create a nice caramelized sauce
- Add heavy cream making sure not to bring to boil
- Add a bit of flour to thicken sauce and then add chicken
- Cook for about five or ten minutes more to mix the flavors in chicken well
- Put sweet potato noodles in bowl, add chicken and pour over sauce
- Add garnishes such as parmesan cheese, feta cheese or whatever you would like